Sunday, October 01, 2006

Meaningless things

It has been 5 days since the end of prelims. Of course, have not been doing anything constructive of that matter. Yes, going to start work today. Got back my English and Amaths papers on Friday. B3 for English and A2 for amaths. Considering the fact that my English is always at a C grade, not bad, I would say. Well, at least I improved. Amaths. Cool man. You know, for the past terms since sec3, I've never passed Amaths before! A2! My mother was like guessing that night " B? C?" " nah, it's A2" She looked at me in disbelief. "Woah. I've been praying for you every night, didn't expect such a miracle to happen" miracle huh. She remembers very clearly my overall marks for term4 in sec3 was 28. Haha. Trust her to remember such things. aha. Well, at least she's happy (:

Hm. I really wonder why people enjoy indulging themselves in self-pity. What's the point? It kind of gets on my nerves sometimes. Patience, someone would remind me. Look around you, there are so much things that are worth being happy about. They don't have to be things of great significance. Things that makes you unhappy are just.. incalculable. Oh please, snap out of it. Self-pity just makes a person hard to educate, seriously. Their fixation on what's going wrong in their lives is like sandpaper on other people's brains - it's annoying. Especially since they never seem to listen when we point out what's right in their lives, and just how much the positive out-balances the negative. They don't want to acknowledge this because then they'd no longer have a reason to feel sorry for themselves. Makes sense? There are so many people who experiences the same thing you are going through. It's just how you respond to it, and learn from it. Yes? For crying out loud, look at the positive things in your life, look at your accomplishments! Or they don't seem to be accomplishments cause things just don't reach your expectations? Stop being unhappy, you know you have plenty of things that you can be happy about. If you choose not to see these things, it's just.. sad. I'm sorry but I just have no idea how to give you the pity and sympathy you want and not perpetuate your attitude. ayye. You know, the world will still continue being a beautiful place while you lock yourself up in your own dark corner.

Things in school have not been fantastic. Are they even the people I want to hold on to? Thinking about it, it's really.. meaningless..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home